Adjustment of the structure and maintenance of the automobile starter
As we all know, starting the engine needs the support of an external force, and the car starter performs this role. The starter can convert electrical energy from the battery into mechanical energy and drive the engine flywheel to start the engine. Generally speaking, the starter uses three components to carry out the entire starting process. The DC motor introduces current from the battery and causes the starter drive gear to produce mechanical movement; the transmission mechanism meshes the driving pinion in the ring gear of the flywheel, and at the same time, it can automatically disconnect after starting the engine; the starter circuit is switched on and off by an electromagnetic switch to be controlled. Among them, the engine is the main component inside the starter. Its working principle is the process of energy conversion based on Ampere’s Law that we are exposed to in physics in college, that is, the force of the energized conductor in the magnetic field. The motor includes the necessary armature, manifold, magnetic pole, brush, bearing and housing and other components.
• 1. After activating the starter switch, the starter motor rotates at high speed and the engine crankshaft does not respond. This phenomenon indicates that the fault has occurred in the starter transmission mechanism, which may be caused by wear of the transmission gear or the one-way clutch.
• 2. The starter motor does not operate normally and the drive gear does not turn. There are many causes of this phenomenon, such as power cord problems, removal of the starter contactor contact plate, and excessive motor resistance.
• 3. The starter motor output power is insufficient to drive the crankshaft. Short circuit of the field coil and loss of battery power can result in insufficient starter power.
• 4. The operating noise of the starter is harsh. This could be due to jamming of the one-way clutch or improper installation of the starter.
• 5. There is a “click” when the starter is turned on and off, but it does not work. This phenomenon can be caused by keeping the coil disconnected or the battery is seriously deprived of power. Maintenance Tips: The starter motor is a valuable part of the car and will not be easily damaged. However, in order to extend the life of the starter, proper use is also necessary. When starting the engine, the starter should introduce 300 to 400 Ah of electricity from the battery. Therefore, in order to avoid overcurrent or damage to the battery, the starting time should not exceed 5s; in winter, it is easy to start a difficult phenomenon, several times. Each start time should not be too long at start up and there should be an appropriate interval between each start.
During normal use of the starter shaft, the necessary adjustments should be made in the event of poor gearing, impact, starting difficulty or after maintenance. Starter adjustment refers to the coordinated adjustment of the drive gear meshing and when the starter switch is activated during starting work.
(1) Adjustment of drive pinion and stopper ring. Push the movable iron core of the electromagnetic switch to the position where the contact plate is just connected and keep it stable. Measure the value of the air gap between the drive gear and the end face of the thrust nut. It should be between 4 and 5 mm. Otherwise, it can be screwed or screwed in a suitable manner. Adjust the connecting screw between the shift fork and the iron core. Then push the movable iron core to the limit position. The value of the deviation should be reduced to 1.5-2.5 mm. If it does not match, the travel limit screw on the back cover can be adjusted until it is qualified. However, in some foreign electromagnetic control starters, in addition to the adjustment of the connecting screw, there is also a fork-shaped gasket connected to the movable iron core by rotating the shift fork, and the other is a method of adding or subtracting washers on the end surface of the solenoid switch coil. Make adjustments.
(2) Set the time when the start switch is activated. When the electromagnetic switch has just been turned on, the gap between the drive gear and the end face of the thrust nut should be 3.5-5.5mm, that is -to say that the drive pinion has meshed with the crown wheel of the flywheel, but has not yet entered. a fully meshed state. If the switch-on time is not suitable, it can be set by the connecting bolt (adjusting rod) between the fork lever and the movable iron core of the electromagnetic switch.
Company Name: Shandong Nitel Electromechanical Co., Ltd
E-mail: Send an email